QUARTZ Event program
QUARTZ Event program
The Organization of each race of the Golden Trail World Series has decided to set up the QUARTZ Event Program to protect participant’s health and to contribute to doping-free sport.
The QUARTZ Event Program has neither the vocation nor the competence to replace anti-doping rules but aims to strengthen the medical supervision before, during and after the competition.
The QUARTZ Event program is carried out in collaboration with the International Trail Running Association (ITRA), Athletes For Transparency association (AFT) and Ultra Sports Science Foundation (USS).
The QUARTZ Event program is managed by a Medical Commission solely composed of doctors. This Medical Commission can take advice from experts of its choice and specifically give a consultative advice to the race direction on the medical condition of participants.
This Medical Commission can go as far as to suggest to the race direction that a participant should be excluded from competition for health reasons before competition (« no start ») or not ranked after the competition for non-compliance with the procedures.
Each participant agrees to
1. Declare to the Medical Commission the following medical information
- Any medical history and/or pathology, in particular those which may increase risks during competition.
- The use of regular treatments or medication or dietary supplements at least during the 30 days prior to the start of the competition.
- Request or use of a substance or method subject to a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE).
The declaration of medical information to the Medical Commission is done through the ITRA health space for which each participant has access after having created a free runner account on the ITRA website: http://www.itra.run. The declared medical information is only accessible by the doctors of the Medical Commission, the designated experts as well as to the medical team during an eventual care during the competition.
2. Provide all urinary and/or blood and/or hair and/or salivary samples required from 30 days before the competition and up to 15 days after the competition and also consent to the associated analysis of these samples, on the understanding that the costs for sampling and analyses are covered directly by the Organization.
3. Do not participate in the competition when using:
Within 60 days before the start of the competition and during the competition
- Intravenous iron infusion
Within 7 days before the start of the competition and during competition
- Intravenous infusion
- Gas inhalation
- Substance subject to a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) according to the WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) Prohibited List published annually
- Glucocorticoïds regardless of the mode of administration
- Thyroid synthesis hormones except in case of partial or total removal of the thyroid
Within 24 hours before the start of the competition and during competition
- Beta-2-agonist regardless of the mode of administration
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) regardless of the mode of administration
The possible use of these different substances may be identified in the context of the analysis carried out before and/or after the competition or any other means of investigation.
4. Accept to answer any meeting request on site or remotely (phone or videoconference) that the Medical Commission may ask for in order to discuss their ability or not to participate in the competition or not to be rank after the competition.
5. Submit any doping control form legible completed within 30 days before the start of the competition and up to 15 days after the competition.
6. Accept the use, for the only purpose of research and in a strictly anonymous way, of data concerning him. Each participant has a right of access, rectification and opposition to data concerning him. The Medical Commission is the authority with which the participant can exercise this right.
Any unreasonable breach, refusal, or transmission of erroneous information in connection with the QUARTZ Event Program can result in the exclusion of the participant from the competition before the competition or not to be rank after the competition.