GOLDEN TRAIL WORLD SERIES 2021 RULES
Races of the GTWS are: Zegama, Mont-Blanc Marathon, Dolomyths Run, Sierre-Zinal, Pikes Peak Marathon and Ring of Steall.
The final will take place in Argentina, Patagonia on the K42 on November 6th, 2021.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH ATHLETE TO RESPECT THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF EACH RACE.
1. RANKING SYSTEM
RANKING POINTS BREAKDOWN – 1st to 30th :
Runners need to take part in at least 3 out of the 6 qualifying races (Zegama, Mont-Blanc Marathon, Dolomyths Run, Sierre-Zinal, Pikes Peak Marathon and Ring of Steall) and reach the top 11 to be invited to the final. The overall ranking will consider the runner’s 3 best results + the result from the final race.
If the runner didn’t reach the top 11 but participated in 3 out of the 6 qualifying races, he/she can go on his/her own to the final in Argentina.
The Golden Trail World Series Champions will be the ones with the maximum numbers of points with his/her best three results, plus the final & – in case of a tie:
1- the best place on one of the GTWS qualifying races
2- the second-best place on one of the GTWS qualifying races
3- the third-best place on one of the GTWS qualifying races
After the last race of the series, the Ring of Steall, an overall ranking will define the TOP 11 men and 11 women. These top 11 men and 11 women will be invited to participate in the Grand Final.
The points for the final will be different than the 6 qualifying races. For the final the runners will get double. See below:
In the event of injury and inability to compete before the competition, the runner who would have won his ticket for the GTWS Grand Final will not receive any compensation, he/she will lose the ticket and will not receive travel expenses.
In the event of race cancellations, the rules will apply as below:
– 1,2 or 3 RACES ARE CANCELLED : The GTWS still takes place with a reducted number of races and the number of mandatory qualifying races change ( 5 races: 3 best results out of 5/ 4 races: 2 best results out of 4 / 3 races: 2 best results out of 3)
– More than 3 RACES ARE CANCELLED: We move to a GTC format with Golden Tickets to win on: The GTWS qualifying races which will take place / the GTNS races which will take place/ other races and/or Golden Segments.
There is only one category for each: overall male and overall female.
The GTWS respects parity and requires that the races give the same prize money to men and women. For the qualifying races the races will pay the prize money to the top 5 whereas the prizes of the final will be paid by the GTS.
Each GTWS qualifying race has a minimum prize money of €1000 for the TOP 5.
THE FINAL’S PRIZE
The top 11 men and 11 women after the 6 qualifying races will receive his/her trip to the final: fully covered transport+ accommodation for one week.
The Golden Trail World Champions will receive €10,000
From the 2nd to the 5th: €6,000
From the 6th to the 10th: €3,000
The 11th will receive €1,000
4. HEALTH POLICY
Read carefully – Click here
5. PHOTOS,TV,VIDEO RIGHTS
Any competitor expressly waives the right to any images during the GOLDEN TRAIL WORLD SERIES 2021, as he renounces all re-course against the organizer and his authorized partners for the use made of his images.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, you have the right to access and rectify your personal data. Through us, you may receive proposals from other companies or associations. If you do not wish it, you just have to write to us by indicating us your names, first name, complete address.
ELITES SUPPORT RULES
The GTS invites the top 10 men and women from the Golden Trail Championship 2020 to all the races they would like to run under the condition that they pre-register at a minimum of 3 races in the GTWS 2021.
Additionally, the GTS will cover the athletes’ invitations below under the condition that they pre-register at a minimum of 3 races in the GTWS 2021:
FOR ALL THE RACES
– An athlete who finishes in the top 10 of one of the races is invited to run another race of the series. For Ring of Steall the runner must have participated to 2 races before.
– 10 BEST of the ITRA ranking category S dated from the 01/02/2021. This 10 BEST doesn’t take into consideration those who were top 10 in the GTC 2020. It means that 10+10 athletes will be invited (10 of the GTC 2020 + 10 best of the ITRA ranking cat S)
FOR MARATHON DU MONT-BLANC
– 10 BEST of the ITRA ranking category S dated from the 01/02/2021. This top 10 doesn’t take into consideration those who were top 10 in the GTC 2020. It means that 10+10 athletes will be invited (the GTC 2020 + 10 best of the ITRA ranking cat S)
FOR DOLOMYTHS RUN
– Top 10 of the Overall ranking after the Marathon du Mont-Blanc 2021
– Top 10 of the overall ranking after Dolomyths Run 2021
FOR PIKES PEAK MARATHON
– Top 10 of the overall ranking after Sierre-Zinal 2021
FOR RING OF STEALL
– Top 10 of the overall ranking after Pikes Peak 2021
– Travelling from Europe to Europe: up to €300*
– Travelling from outside of Europe to Europe: up to €1000*
– Travelling within Europe: up to €300*
– Travelling from outside of Europe to Europe: up to €500*
* For Zegama, Dolomyths Run, Sierre-Zinal and Ring of Steall, the accommodation is organized by the race organization and therefore the athlete cannot claim money for it, except if there is no room available and he/she has to book the accommodation himself.
** Athlete must provide all the invoices/receipts to claim payment. If the amount is below the maximum specified, the athlete will receive the exact amount of his/her expenses. If it is above the maximum specified, the athlete will not receive more than the maximum speci-fied amount.